Originally Posted by renegade50
If he does the full 4 yrs in high school he can enter the army as a e3 pfc at day 1.

If he is squared away he might have a chance at a Rotc scholarship
Do 4 yrs college on unca suga,s nickel, get a monthly stipend and commision as a 2lt.

Dont believe anything I say.
Never was an army recruiter who did 3 yrs in that purgatory.
Never was the SMI MS 3 instructor in a macarthur award college Rotc program last 2 outta the 3 yrs I was their.
Didnt have 2 daughters who went thru ROTC on a full boat ride, collected that stipend and every grant and scholarship they could from their departments and stuff dad being one of unca suga,s broken old useless toys qualified them to be able to apply for.

Just be prepared to tell Jr when the alligator tears start flowing that those grants and scholarships are taxed.
Caused those student advisors dont tell em that schit.
The stats look good when more students accept them.

Hey you got 18k in grants and scholarships this year.
So you owe unca suga 4 k of it and you get to keep 14k
All for being a high gpa student.

Suck it up butter cup....

JrRotc is a fun program for some.
For some they take 1 semster and dont do it again.

Where do I sign up for spending 4k to get 18k? LOL! Thanks for the info Ren, I appreciate it! We'll see how he likes it and how he does. Like I said, there's gotta be worse things he could get involved in at high school! My buddy went through the ROTC program when we were at UMO. We spent ALOT of time out on the Stud Mill Rd. I know you know where that is!

Last edited by Ptarmigan; 02/25/20.