Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I'm the odd man out who wouldn't mind seeing simple crosshairs offered as an inexpensive option. 99.999% of my shots fired are at black and white paper targets. The duplexes in a couple of scopes on my hunting rifles are ok, I wouldn't kick them out of bed for eating crackers, but I'm a couple-days-per-year deer hunter anymore and can't give a hoot about low light level aiming at deer because I don't care enough about it to get up and stumble around in the dark anymore, and I don't see myself shooting at such a distance as to employ a part of the reticle as a holdover device. If it's that far away I'll either try to get closer or go back home and have lunch instead. I paid my dues, been there got the t-shirt, etc. etc., it just ain't my thing anymore. Yet, I shoot a lot- a helluva lot- and a simple crosshair fills my needs entirely on said paper targets at 50, 100, and 200 yards. Yet another reason I gravitate toward vintage Unertls/Feckers/Lymans on my rifles- utter and complete simplicity with simple fine crosshairs with which to quarter a 3/4" white aiming point at 100 yards.

I know I'm lost in the shuffle, in a minority that barely registers on the scale. It's just me stating my needs/goals and what I perceive to be the best means possible for achieving them.

gnoahhh, you and me seem to be in the same boat. A pretty leisurely boat at that.