Originally Posted by aalf
Originally Posted by sbhooper
Originally Posted by aalf
Max SAAMI OAL for a 260 is 2.800"
Max SAAMI OAL for a Creedmoor is 2.825"
Both are screwed trying to seat the pressure ring of 147 Hornady above the neck/shoulder juncture and keep in a 2.800" mag box of a 700.

Maybe if you get technical about it, but the Creed powder compression under the 147 is quite a bit less than the.260-at least in my rifles-because of the design length of the casing. I seat them both to fit the standard 2.8+ magazine and the Creed handles the longer bullets much easier-although, I have also used the 147 in my .260 without issue. Like I said before, it is a wash for the 130-grain bullets and the .260 actually gets a bit better velocity. For the heavies, I will take the Creed every time, unless it is with a longer magazine, then it is again a wash.

I am technical about my reamers and where they seat bullets in relationship to the lands and fitment in a magazines, and keeping them out of the potential donut area of the case.

Majority of the people aren't and don't care. They load a particular bullet at an OAL that that fits their particular magazine requirements, and call it good.

They just want sausage, and don't wanna know how it's made.........

Whatever floats your boat, but I know plenty about how mine are made and I am plenty happy with 1/2 moa accuracy and not worrying about details that are irrelevant to what I am doing. I am not a bench rest shooter, so all that gobbledy gook is a non-issue to me. I pull the trigger and the critters die. That is what I like.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.