400 yards up an old spur road off of a main logging road, came on this sequence in the snow.

First photo shows where a low clearance vehicle heading away from the camera position hit a rock on the hump between two tire track lanes. It moved the rock slightly to the left and must have bent something on the vehicle down because from that point on, something was dragging on the hump.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Second photo is about 40 feet farther, where the vehicle hit a second rock, in the lower right corner of the photo. It broke off a chunk of pan metal with the drain plug in it, which is lying on the snow by the red arrow. From that point onward there is a trail of oil. Apparently the vehicle stopped and leaked out most of its oil at the big splotch about 6 or 8 feet farther along, but no one got out of the vehicle to look under it, or at least I did not see any footprints.

Two pics of the pan metal with drain plug. The vehicle left an ever smaller trail of oil drips for the next 400 yards, to the main haul road. Never caught up with the vehicle so it was either towed or driven away before I came along.