Originally Posted by OAM
Originally Posted by raghorn
Originally Posted by OAM
Don't call a guy with a 601 area code man. He will leave Alaska in the fall and the money he has earned along with him. Call an Alaskan if you want a guide and keep the cash in our economy. He may be a great guide but with an out of state area code?

How’s it going
My 601 number is a carryover that I’ve had for years and have kept due to old contacts.
BTW, I’m typing this while sitting on one of the last two running ferries in SE.

Fair enough. Didnt mean any offense by it to somebody that is a resident. I just see alot of what I described on the Kenai river and our other local waters. It really bothers me when guys guide or run setnet sites, get paid and bail to California or somewhere else for the winter. Again, no offense.

What is there to do in Alaska when the fishing and hunting seasons close? And why should it bother you? Our fish from Texas to North Carolina following the seasons and openings. I've heard people say the same thing about us, we just take the money and run. We make money by being on the water catching fish not sitting in a bar or party house spending money waiting for another season or quota to open up. We pay property taxes on houses in 3 different states, hopefully it'll be 4 in the near future. I've never been able to understand people worrying about what other people do.

Life is good live it while you can.