Between the 2, I'll pick Popeye's over KFC. I used to go nuts on their spicy. I stick with the mild now. It reminds me of Frisch's fried chicken back in the day. That was good stuff. They stopped serving it in '96. My last trip to Popeye's was yesterday.

I've not been able to try Bojangles.

I ate a bunch of Church's when I worked in Scumsuck. There was one in the projects in the worst part of Scumsuck (if you can imagine) close to the plant. My homie co-worker and I used to go to the $1 Tuesday special. I stopped going after he was fired. I was the only white face for miles, and sooner or later, I knew my number was up. It was good chicken but not THAT good.

Broasted. I've lost my last Broasted outlet. I love Broasted. Some bunch of dot-heads bought the Marathon in Californina, and they wrecked the place. Among other things, they stopped selling Broasted Chicken on Sundays. I used to bring it to my Mom-- best dead chicken from the side of the road ever.

When I joined this august forum, I mentioned that if you asked me where my favorite place to eat was, I'd say at Gene's Happy Hour in Valmy WI. That's where I learned to eat Broasted. There was a fishing camp a few miles from there. Dad and I would go there a couple times a year for trout and salmon fishing out on Lake Michigan. Somebody here told me Gene's was gone. I grieved.

KFC is soooooo bad!
How bad is it?
The chicken itself isn't so bad. I've rather liked it over the years. What REALLY boils my bunny is how they can mess up even the simplest orders. I once sent a poison pen letter to the regional manager. Normally, I'll never do that, but this one night, the screwup was way over the top. Within a few days, I had the store manager on my doorstep begging my forgiveness and trying to hand me gobs of gift certificates.
The last time I went, they tried to charge me $9 for 3-pieces dark and two sides. Yikes!

Not-yet-mentioned? If you can find a Culver's, the fried chicken there is great. I used to work with an engineering manager that was of the black persuasion and he and I would go out for lunch at Culver's. I was the only one of the manager that would eat fried chicken with him. That stuff was good.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer