Originally Posted by Oldman3
Thats a new one. A fixed head not flying right IE planing... I"ve NEVER had that issue over 100 kills over the years IF you are tuned right.

I've got an Excalibur Exomax Crossbow and this year I bought some 150 gr Slick Tricks. I shot the same bolt every time. 6" group at 20 yds. Thought I might have a bent bolt, so I changed to a 150 gr field point.... 1/4" group @ 20 yds. Change to 150 gr Schwacker.... 1/4" groups @ 20 yds. Change back to the Slick Tricks..... 6" group @ 20 yds.

Shooting the same bolt every time..... Tell me how to tune my crossbow.

dunno that answer, slick tricks fly just fine out of the one crossbow I have.

The over 100 kills comment is from compounds and recurves, you can tune them all.

I'm gonna have to say though, IF I had an issue, I'd bet you can tune a crossbow like anything else.

You do have to have enough accuracy to hit with. But I've seen enough mechanical failures to just be stubborn and say, fixed have ALWAYS worked( well old bear heads could bend the tip on a heavy bone and bounce back out but that was learned by my BIL and we quickly relegated them to other use)

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....