I purchased one yesterday. Plastic stock, 3 inch 12 gauge, 26 inch barrel.
Purpose; to drag in and out of goose and duck blinds in bad weather and not worry about dings and scratches. I have nice over/under and vintage WingMaster, just don't want to bugger those up.

So this isn't intended to be a family heirloom. If it holds up for five or six seasons I will be good with that. I looked at several inertia guns and the cheap Weatherby looked to be the best bang for the dollar. So I am counting on Weatherby customer service should the need arise. It's packaged with a set of choke tubes including IC, Mod, Full, and a long range extended steel shot tube. It also comes with spacers to adjust length of pull, cast off, and drop.

I disassembled it right out of the box, cleaned and lubricated it. Went to the range with a box of clays, and several boxes of shells of different loads and brands to give it a test run. Started off shooting doubles with Remington pheasant loads; 1 1/4 ounce 7 1/2 shot high brass. Gun ran fine and i broke a dozen clays with the Mod choke.

Next I loaded five Federal turkey loads and broke five clays. Then I loaded five Winchester trap loads 1 1/8 ounce loads, no problem there. Those are the lightest loads I will shoot in a 12 gauge. If I want to shoot one ounce loads I use my 20 gauge guns.

Then I moved on to 3 inch Fast Steel # 2 and some 3 inch Winchester drylocks. No issues there. Finally, I loaded a mix of all those from 1 1/8 ounce up to 3 inch turkey loads of 2 ounce lead shot and 3 inch steel shot. These i fired down range as fast as I could pull the trigger. Not a single hiccup.

I haven't owned an auto loading shotgun since I got rid of a Remington 1100 40 years ago. So yes, the noise and movement of the action is a little distracting. Recoil is much less than the same loads out of my O/U or the Wingmaster.

I don't plan to shoot thousands of rounds on the skeet and trap range with this gun. Ducks and geese and maybe a few pheasants. Hopefully it will hold up to that use.

Next session out I will check it on the pattern board for choke - load evaluation.

If any of you have one of these guns and are not embarrassed to admit it, I'd be interested in hearing your experience with it.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775