[Linked Image]

Took the Volquartsen 17 WSM out to the range today. Shot it first without a can, then with a can. Here are some thoughts on the rifle.

Its a heavy rifle. Weight of rifle and scope, without the magazine and ammo is 11 lbs. 2 oz. The scope is a Nikon Monarch 5 3-15x42 and isn't known as a heavy scope. I think the trigger is good but the magazine was trouble for me. I'm going give it a bit of a pass due to the fact that its new but it needs to be much easier to load ammo in for me.

I was pleased that the point of impact with the can was not much different that groups without the can. The downside for a lefty shooting a can is the blowback you get on your right cheek when the rifle is fired. It's apparently common with semi autos.

The rifle shot well and the 17 WSM is pretty hot. I didn't have my chrono but feel the bullets were really screaming. I had no malfunctions but only was able to put about 45 rounds down range. Best group at 100 yards was about 1.5 inches. Wind was at about 120 degrees at 6-10mph.

Questions?

Last edited by OSU_Sig; 03/10/20.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.