Originally Posted by duck911
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Originally Posted by duck911
I'm not a doomsayer. I think the market bottom will be much higher (maybe 18,000) than many on here, because fundamentals are sound and this is NOT a financial crisis. This is a CONFIDENCE crisis driven by the virus. And I am dollar cost averaging cash I have on the sidelines into the market, but not until next week at the earliest.

If fundamentals were sound, there would've been NO need for the government to throw $4.5 Trillion into the system, over the period of a whole month.

That cold hard fact is non-refutable hard evidence to prove it is in fact a financial crisis.

No, the confidence crisis (see above) and resulting market volatility (see above) are causing a disproportionate amount of investors to flock to cash/bonds, which is causing a temporary liquidity issue. It's not some underlying ticking time-bomb. It is a point in time in history where hospital ER's, COVID test kits, and the bond markets are being tested to their limits.

The fact that the bond markets are falling WITH the equity markets illustrate the uniqueness of the situation.

So it’s “only” the bond market that needs $4,500,000,000,000.00 (4.5 Trillion), to keep it afloat, gotcha.

/sarcasm

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)