Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by jeg11010
Thanks for the replies. I've bought seconds in the past and they only had some cosmetic issues (tarnish, etc). This is the first time I've seen variance in dimensions. Completely understood that these bullets are for blasting. I shoot 69 grain SMKs out of my Savage and dont expect that quality or accuracy from these.

I think I'll keep it so that the "odd" bullets get seated to mag length and the normal bullets will be seated just a bit deeper. I'm sort of Type A when it comes to my reloading and it bothers me when I know my loads aren't perfect but I'll get over it.

You should listen to what NVhunter suggested on how to set the seating die. That's what most seasoned hand loaders would do. If you are really that "Type A", you wouldn't have bought those pos in the first place. Load them shoot them up in your AR and don't buy them again. Lesson learned... That or sort them first and then load all the similar ones, throw out all the really "odd" ones.. Also, if you are loading up FMJ bullets and hoping for match grade accuracy, you are living in a fantasy world.. Sounds like your expectations are a little high for a factory reject bullet.. Just sayin

I dont expect match grade accuracy. Never said that. I've loaded over 3000 of 55 grain factory seconds from midway and the only issue has been cosmetic. Midway is going to take them back. Thanks for your insight