I loaded some 44 special the other evening. After getting the crimp/seating die set the first 2 rounds dropped into the chambers as they should so I commenced to loading without checking. On the ninth round I noticed a bulge in the case. Not much but enough that it was tight in the cylinder. Checking it with calipers it didn't seem to be any longer than the previous eight. I checked the remainder that hadn't been loaded yet and all were within .002 length of each other. The next round was fine then 2 more in a row buckled. Those two would also fit tightly into the chambers. At that point I disassembled the Hornady die and checked and cleaned it but I saw nothing dirty or wrong. After readjustment the remainder of the cartridges loaded just fine. All of the brass was sized and flared with the same settings during the same session.

????

Last edited by dave284; 03/16/20.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org