wabigoon;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope that this second last Friday of March finds you and your fine family doing as well as can be in this interesting time in human history.

When it comes to threads such as this, I'm reluctant to post as I'll often recall someone else after the fact and feel remiss that I'd not included them in my list of folks who I fondly recall.

In no particular order then, when I first got here, Dennis - muledeer - used to PM back and forth with me quite a bit and we'd swap hunting stories and discuss the vagaries of life. He was always very gracious to me.

BobinNH similarly traded quite a few PM's with me. It struck me as interesting, but as a travelling hunter, one of the bits of data he liked to collect was what the "locals" carried for daily use rifles. Again he was very free with his considerable knowledge.

Bulletbutt had a great sense of humor and I want to say ScottF knew him personally somewhat. I miss that sense of humor.

Scott F has shared a couple meals with me, one on our back deck and I consider him a friend and brother for sure. He's still with us as of this morning - if this world ever straightens out I really need to saddle up the Mustang, drive down to Oregon and visit him again.

TLee - again still with us - used to PM back and forth with me on all sorts of topics, usually we'd talk about family and life in general. I believe he's still with us on this earth, but not the 'Fire.

crossfireoops approached me via PM and it became likely that we'd met back in late '80 or early '81 as I used to gas up at the Petro Can station he ran west of Calgary. Anyway, he called me "hoser" and helped me with a number of repair questions from how to keep an angle iron rack I was welding up square - pre figure out the warping hoser! said he - to plastic welding techniques. He was a wealth of knowledge when it came to repairing almost anything and though he was salty sometimes, he'd show one respect if it was shown to him. Anyway, he's now gone of course.

Honestly, although he's still very much with us, the one member here who led me to the 'Fire is Mule Deer - John Barsness. He's been so kind to me over the years answering my questions and listening to my theories on everything from bullet performance based on twist rates to average ear width spread of mule deer throughout their range.

Anyways wabigoon, I'll end with you in the group of legends as you've always been very approachable and the consummate gentleman in all our exchanges.

All the best to you all as we work through the current challenges.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"