Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Originally Posted by jdunham
I thought about posting one for a discontinued scope I am looking for but decided I didn’t want to deal with it right now. Seems to be more unknowns floating around here lately. I would probably only deal with a regular who answered my ad. Just what would make me personally comfortable. As has been said, this is a big boy site and you just need to use common sense.

So why not post your WTB and just ignore the ones you don't feel comfortable with? Seems like a no-brainer to me...

I don’t see what the big deal is. This is one of the best classifieds section I’ve ever used anywhere. There are always going to be scammers. Relying on the admin to protect you from them as opposed to your own common sense is like relying on a safety to keep you from shooting someone...

Like I said. The rest of the post was merely making an observation on the WTB ads being a magnet for a larger than usual number of scammers lately. Just a fact of classifieds. I have done hundreds of deals here and never had a problem, but it does require a bit of vigilance.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~