R#19 with win primer will boost the velocity to 3300....the mack daddy load!

I bumped the shoulders with a standard Forster neck sizer, full length sized after 12 or so reloadings on Winchester brass. I seated the bullets just .005-.020 off the lands, but you will have to play with this for bug hole groups.

I used the same load with the 85g TSX which is one heck of a deer bullet, seated this bullet .050 off the lands with 1/2"--5/8" groups in Remington 700 sporters.

Best accuracy with R#19 is .5g off a max load for the rifle we have found.

We killed a bunch of deer with the Speer 85g btsp, which is a tad tougher than the Sierra bthp with a better bc.

3300 seems to create a tremendous Permanent wound cavity with these 85g bullets, and nothing has survived.

Shot placement trumps all, stuff is not hard to kill. I do like having the confidence to take strange quartering shots where I need to break a shoulder and have the bullet either exit the rear of the rib cage or just under taking out running gear, lungs, and heart.

The 85g Speer btsp is probably one of the most over looked bullets in big game hunting, and it is a deer bullet, not a varmint bullet. These bullets often like to jump up to .060, depending on the barrel and throat which is good for Sako rifles and rifles with some wear on them with longer throats.

Last edited by keith; 03/26/20.