Originally Posted by SBTCO
..Do you prefer for home defense? I've been shooting a 16" mid length Troy Industries upper but haven't handled anything shorter. I like the Troy as it stands so considering a shorter build dedicated to the home defense role. I see the obvious handling advantages of running a shorter barrel in a pistol config. but with shorter length comes more blast and noise(does it really matter indoors?!). Is there a sweet spot? Distances anticipated run from indoor to close outdoor(50-70yrds).

I have 2 20" uppers. One is an M-16 look alike and the other is a fluted heavy barrel. Neither one leave the safe. I have taken my 16" mid lengths to the range 3 times as much as anything else. I have some 14.5 mid lengths and some 14.5 carbine lengths. They get out but not like the 16" mid lengths. They are my go to rifles. I'm still haven't invested in a pistol. I just not in love with them, yet.

kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 03/26/20.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.