Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by waterrat
Bristol Bay is looking pretty strange too. The cannery workers for the most part are from oversea's and now day's the residents are only a small numbers of boats and crews. King Salmon and Naknek are not happy about the upcoming summer with partions and quarenteens all being discussed!

Yeah, and as usual the boroughs completely self centered in their thinking.
Many Bristol Bay residents travel extensively over the winter, more than a dozen I know of have recently returned home from various locations in the lower 48 and around the globe.

The Canneries are equally concerned of what the residents themselves have introduced to these communities..
A few of the larger companies have already blown off buying for the Togiak Herring run just due to prices so there will be fewer early arrivals for sure.

Lets hope by the time they are looking at staffing up for this season Red run, this BS will be behind us. The canneries can hold off until the first of June before the bulk of the processors need to start showing up....

It'd be real easy for the canneries to lock their gates and keep their employees isolated through out the entire run.It's goiny

I bet Naknek Trading, Fishermans, Hatfields, D&D's and the Red Dog would really love that......

Clipped from a recent email sent from a cannery type that is involved in current talks with the borough...
Naknek is freaking out. Funny to listen to them blame "the canneries" for everything. I know for a fact that at least 15 residents spent their winter abroad, italy, australia, thailand, china, and every one of them went back to naknek sicker than schit. Every other resident travels back and forth to anchorage and Seattle regularly. No way they hadn't been in contact with the virus well before it was a known issue.

It's going be a nasty year for many including me, my bargeing on the lake depends on BB $ and my son fish's in the bay. I would imagine our sportfishing will be great but many will suffer. There are a few longtime residents that travel quite a bit but that's not a speck compared to the 1000's coming in from around the world! Do I know you Jeff?

I tend to use more than enough gun