1minute: I have two of the Ruger 10/22 "Target" Rifles and it has always been my impression/understanding that they have "Match Chambers" - I am not sure but that is what I have been told by many sources and that is the understanding that many of my friends that own these "Target" models are under.
My not so infallible memory is telling me these "Target Rifles were advertised as having "Match Chambers" (again IIRC?).
Again I don't know for positive and it don't make much of a "never mind" to me anyways.
I also have a custom Ruger 10/22 with a heavy stainless Lilja barrel and it was advertised by the maker as having a "Match Chamber" - again I don't know for positive.
Now to my point - over the years several of my Colony Varmint Hunting friends have grown tired of the failure to extract and failure to eject "problems" with their Ruger 10/22 Target Models.
In fact three of them, MID-HUNT, here in SW Montana have gone to the local gunsmith here in Dillon, Montana and had him "ream out" their "match chambers".
He has done a LOT of these "jobs" and only charges $25.00 a chamber!
He has a special reamer for this specific "job"!
Problems (extraction & ejection) solved!
Now I want YOU to make up your mind was the chamber reaming the correct fix or was it just an "expensive" cleaning of the Rifles in question, chambers?
I don't know - fo'sho!
I have both the "blued" Ruger 10/22 Target Model and a "stainless" Ruger 10/22 Target Model and I easily "live with" the somewhat rare failure to extract/eject incidents. In fact the tiny "slot head" screw driver blade on my LeatherMan Magnum tool fits perfectly in the extractor slot of the Ruger 10/22's Target Model barrels allowing for a quick flick of the wrist and the fired case "pops" out of the chamber and into the breech.
This same somewhat rare affliction and its same "correction" occurs with my Remington 40-X rimfire - and I am about positive Remington used a "match chamber" in that Rifle.
So then, MY contention is that I indeed do think the Ruger 10/22 Target Models have (or were advertised as having!) "match chambers".
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy