In keeping with Waders request for some new threads I thought I'd post a picture of my 480 with its new grips. They are buffalo horn from Zane Thompson. I'm very pleased with the fit and the look on the stainless.

I have to say the 480 really never was on my radar. I had long wanted a 500 Linebaugh and eventually ended up with a Linebaugh built 500. As nice a gun as it is, I really think I like the 480 better. I shoot it better and I definitely handle the recoil better. I love the 500 L but the 480 really warms my heart.

Like I said it really wasn't on my radar. I was familiar with it because I love big bore handguns but never considered it. I did pick up 400 rounds of once fired brass from a gentleman on the Single Action forum thinking I would turn it at an upcoming gun show. Well prior to the show I stopped at Cabelas in Anchorage one day and they had a Bisley 480. It had a minor cosmetic blemish, a small swirl in the finish near the muzzle that didn't get buffed out. They said they were authorized by Ruger to sell it at a much reduced price because of the blemish. I bought it. Immediately I took a liking to it. I normally prefer a 5.5 inch Bisley but the 6.5 inch handles and caries nicely. Stout loads are very manageable, and reduced loads are a joy. Mine is very accurate.

One of the guys on the single Action forum sold me a Lee six cavity 400 grain SWC mold and a two cavity Mountain Molds 370 grain WLN style mold. I have since added an LBT 400 grain WLN and two MP molds, one for a 420 grain bullet with the HP options and a similar bullet weighing 350 grains with the HP options.

It has turned out to be a favorite among my gathering of Bisleys.

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.