OK, I'll be the jerk here. In my eyes a 99 with really nice wood, nice checkering, and little or no engraving is miles above this rifle. I don't care for much engraving on the metal. What is on a factory 99K is about the extent of it. Carved stocks to me look to much like a normally nice looking woman with too much makeup on, detracting. Same with revolvers-those with checkering all over ever square inch of metal are distracting IMO, the most I care for is a bit under the cylinder on the frame. A well known gun dealer in my state who attends major gun shows knows I'm a Colt Python lover and collector. Around maybe two years ago he showed me a stainless Python that had probably almost 100% engraving. Told me when I stopped at his table he thought maybe I'd be interested and snag it up . Nope--to me no engraving on a Python, in fact my interest in Pythons are 6" blued only. To each his own, but gaudy firearms are of no interest to me. So ends the soapbox rant of a no carving on stock, little or no engraving on the metal lover of 99's.