I gave great consideration to it when I bought my first left handed rifle. It was either going to be a 300 H&H or an 8mm Remington Magnum. I ended up with a 300 H&H in a LH KS Mountain Rifle. No regrets. I had a lot of brass for the 300 and a good stock pile of bullets. I would have like to have played with 8mm but there always seemed there was another rifle or chambering that was catching my interest. A couple of acquaintances have them and have killed a lot of deer, elk and moose with them and a few bears. I honestly don't know what they use for bullets. Neither have ever complained of a failure.

I had just graduated for high school when that Shooting Times magazine came out heralding the arrival of the 8mm Magnum. I was a poor farm kid saving my nickels for college but nearly swooned over Remington's newest round. Even back then I liked the odd and unusual chamberings.

It seems I have always had the ground the 8mm covers pretty well bracketed. 300 H&H, 35 Whelen, 375 H&H. I guess that's why I never had a 338 WM, 340 Wby, or 358 Norma though I've flirted with the idea many times. Those three and the 8mm RM can certainly do it all for NA big game.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.