Since this thread is about low cost things that work, I might as well plug this Chinese 4X32 scope.

I've seen this same scope wearing three different brands. I bought one many years ago that was branded Simmons. I've also seen it wearing the Nikko Stirling brand. Now, it seems that Barska is putting their name on them.

I'm not saying that it's a fantastic scope. But they're much better than you would expect for the money.

I put one on a Kel-Tec SU-16 a few years ago just to see what the rifle would do. I'll probably replace it eventually. But I like it enough that I hate to change it out. I've got it all squared up and dialed in,..and every time I look through it I'm impressed with its clarity.

I wouldn't want to go to war with it. But this scope and the $11 rings I mentioned earlier is a huge improvement over open sights for about $55.

I've fired hundreds of rounds through 2 different .223s with this scope and I haven't rattled it loose yet. It's surprisingly clear, it hasn't fogged up, and it holds zero.

As mentioned, I put a Weaver V3 on the Marlin .22 in this thread. I paid about $150 for the Weaver and I can't say that I like it any better than the 4X32 Chinese scope.

I'd bet that it would last a long time on a .22 if you didn't bang it around too much.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/barska-4x32-huntmaster-riflescope-30-30-reticle-1-4-moa-w-rings.html