Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
I found my Lyman VLD chamfering tool removes primer crimps PDQ and doesn't cut anything but the crimp.

The tip of my Lyman "VLD" chamfering tool must have been longer than yours, it wouldn't even touch the crimp in a small rifle primer pocket before bottoming out. I ground it shorter to consistently chamfer the same amount, and that worked.

I picked up the Dillon 600 tool more recently though, and that really is the nicer way to go most of the time, but I still occasionally go back to just chucking the old L.E. Wilson deburring tool in the drill and going at it, especially for just a few pieces where it's not worth setting up the Dillon.

The Hornady tool shown above can work, but IMO is better after carefully stoning the straight edges so they don't cut the primer pocket wider. No reason why those edges should be sharp; I think that was poorly designed. After stoning the edges to protect the pockets it works well though.

Lots of ways to skin that cat.

Here is an automatic ejector modification on the Dillon 600 swager that makes brass processing quicker. It's easy to do with a couple screws and some rubber bands or a long spring.
https://i.imgur.com/i1V5yCX.mp4

Last edited by Yondering; 03/31/20.