Both of these girls were rescue dogs.
We had a neighbor that was bipolar batshit crazy ,whose wife had cancer. They got the pups for the kids. Her idea. He fed them mouldy bread and carrot pulp from juicing.
They were stunted by diet I think. He would run them 10 miles while he was in the car .
She died and he chased off his son at 12 years old.
We had watched the dogs and kids during her cancer treatments.
The boy came up before he left and asked if we wanted the dogs for 400 each.
I had just lost my job so my wife said we couldn't pay that much.
He returned and said 100 each. We bought them.
Easy had fallen out of the back of their pickup at about 2 years old, and broke her right back let in 6 places.
Doc put in line and a rod to straighten it, said if it got bent to bring her in and get it straightened.
If course it got bent and neighbor refused to take her in and refused us taking her. Said it's just a dog.
The rest of her life you could track her by the back tracks almost on top of each other.
Here where we live the river is 300 ft across.
One day she jumped a buck on the west bank. It jumped in and headed east.
I couldn't see easy until I got to the edge of the river.
There she was , chasing that buck up stream almost to the other shore.
The buck got out , shook off, looked back as if to st " crazy dog" and ran off. Easy never missed a stroke.
Just turned around and swam back. I thought I would lose her ,but nothing I could do.
It was 7 degrees and as soon as she got out she turned white!
Oh the memories!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~