Originally Posted by 444Matt
I’ve had XS on two rifles that I didn’t shoot much but loved the function of them; and a Williams on a model 94 that while I didn’t like the looks or design it was easy to adjust and accurate with a fiber optic front.

I’m wanting to try the skinner out but the XS set is much cheaper and I know it will suite my needs. For those that had both, was the Skinner easier to adjust than the XS rear? For a front sight a prefer a post which white stripe. They both offer one, the XS is just cheaper.

Actually Matt, you can get into a set of Skinners for less than the XS's. I think the XS's are about $99/set but I bought a rear Skinner "Reliable" sight for my 1894 Marlin for $61 and the plain blued front sight was $15. I used a white paint pen to paint a white stripe on the front sight. If you go for the Express or Alaskan rear sight the price goes up pretty fast.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.