Originally Posted by Henryseale
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Just finished cleaning it. First I ran hot water through the barrel and cylinder. Then I soaked it all in moose milk (a mixture of Ballistol and water) inside and out. Then let it sit for a while. Then scrubbed the chambers and barrel, and wiped everything inside and out, leaving a slick film of Ballistol all over, and inside. I greased the cylinder pin (arbor?), then reassembled it and wiped it all down.

Don't forget to pull and clean the nipples (cones). If neglected, after a while they will practically weld themselves to the cylinder and you will have to heat them with a propane torch to get them out. That is IF you can get them out at all after they seize up. I strongly suggest after cleaning them, add a drop of Breakfree to the threads and pull and clean them after each shooting session. Black powder pistols are fun to shoot, but a damn pain to clean! Also, very unforgiving if not cleaned properly.

Yep, removing the nipples and soaking and rinsing them in hot water, then soaking then in moose milk was part of the procedure. Then another hot water rinse, then a spray down with pure Ballistol and a final wipe and blowout (with compressed air) before reinstalling.