Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by steve4102
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi just got some bad news from Mitch McConnell. Any talk about another stimulus isn’t going to happen. She may draft a bill, but it’ll meet a swift death in the Republican-controlled Senate. Mitch is the legislative grim reaper for most of what the Democratic House sends his way.

“Let’s see how things are going and respond accordingly,” he added. “I’m not going to allow this to be an opportunity for the Democrats to achieve unrelated policy items that they would not otherwise be able to pass.”

Democrats are using the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak to get items on their goodie bag list passed. That won’t happen with Mitch around.

Um, seems to me they already GOT a bunch of pork inserted in this original bill... I.e., Mitch is trying to shut the gate AFTER the horse got out..

Yes and no.
He's trying to keep the second horse in the barn.

I cringed at the first stimulus, but looking back it's better than all out anarchy with the helpless sheep out there with no money. Trump should propose how we'll pay this back, maybe a slight tax increase in 2021. Perv Joe has been forthright about a tax increase plan in the works, so Trump isn't shocking the masses by proposing something similar to pay back all of this stimulus lunacy. Doubt that will happen, Fire up the printing press.