Originally Posted by 1minute
A very pleasant surprise for me is a 6.5 Swede (1908 stamp). Chopped the barrel (29 down to 24 inch), installed a new trigger, and added a 3-9 scope with intentions of it being a truck gun. It will consistently do clover leafs at 100yds. Somebody knew what they were doing when they put that rifle together 112 years ago.

There's really nothing new in firearms technology, but I'd agree that bullets (tolerances) and optics (clarity and parallax) have been considerably enhanced.

I agree about the sweeds. I bought one a while back and she's a shooter: Pretty close to moa with iron sights:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I wonder if Carl Gustav had a 1 moa (3 shot) guarantee way back in 1906?

How about my 103 year old M1917?

How about my other m1917:
I'll blame my handloads because there is absolutely no way 2 different 100+ year old rifles would/should shoot the same exact load equally well (well below moa for 3 shots).

Oh, wait, check this out. The same rifle shooting a different load. Maybe it's not the load? Maybe its the rifle?
And then I said screw it, I have too many good shooting 30-06's!! So I turned it into a 308 Norma magnum:

Oh, chidt dudes, I realized I'm hitting the orange on every target. Throw those sumbitches out!!!!! Too old of rifles and they are hitting what I'm aiming at... Fu ck!!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA