Originally Posted by teal
Originally Posted by Etoh

also don't shoot dry, thats what a tactical reload was for. saving the mag, of course for later and consolidation.

I sorta struggle with this and simply saying - I don't know here but why would I ever remove a magazine that's definitely working and feeding ammo and replace it for one I don't know for sure will?

Now - I get it, test before needed under duress and all that but it's still a bit of an unknown what may or may not have happened to that magazine between "life is good" and "holy chit - I need to return fire" - did you fall down, roll around, get mud/dirt in there etc. Did something happen since the last time you used that mag? How long ago was that?

I don't know - just something I wonder about.

A lot of the Gunsite dogma has been replaced over the years w/ actual experience based techniques gained by expert users since 9/11 and w/ the fierce evolution resulting from competition. "tactical reloads" are a good skill to have but few people can count rounds in a stressful, fast moving situation. Replacing a partially spent mag w/ a freshy is a good idea when in a "safe" place prior to moving into an unknown or hostile space.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC