Has anyone had experience with a Vortex Crossfire II 1x24 "Muzzle Loader" scope? I know the Crossfires are made in China and it is a low dollar scope. A couple of years ago I ordered one to mount on a very light weight driven game rifle, from an optics retailer in Slovenia, (I live in Romania), believing the info on the Vortex website, that the scope weighed 8 ounces. Surprise! When I unboxed it, it felt much heavier than 8 ounces. On the scale, it is a bit over 8 ounces. I was pissed. It is a BIG hassle mailing packages out of Romania, so I just put it away, resigned to absorbing my losses.
Today, I dug it out and fiddled with it a little. The optics are very bright, the turret clicks are better than some, not as good as others and being a fixed power, there's theoretically less to go wrong with it..I'm thinking about setting it up in QD rings to try a couple of boar hunts in the fall
My questions are: Any problems sighting it in? Did the scope hold zero? Any complete failures? Thanks, Ron