Here's my ranking in order and based upon the limited number of 1911s I've owned:

1. Newer production Colt Series 70 Gold Cup. These have been great, and I love the fit and finish and look. For me the hammer needs a little work not to bite on the traditional gun (x2, sold the first one when I bought a Wilson or Ed Brown, can't remember which. Regretted selling the Colt so sold the expensive gun and bought another Colt. The first gun was pretty much a one-ragged-hole gun at 25 yds).
2. Ruger 1911 (have had 4 or 5 of these and loved everyone. Have had 9mm, 10mms and 45s). Never have sold one, but have re-homed a couple to friends needing a good pistol.
3. Wilson It is a great gun but the top two meet my needs for less money (x1 that I can remember)
4. Ed Brown--fine guns, but I always thought the fit and finish was not nearly as good as Colt and a little more finicky than the Colt or Ruger (x1 or 2, can't remember).
5. Kimber--Purchased probably 15 years ago.Mine was blued with adjustable sites and a really beautiful pistol. Never could get it to function as well as I wanted but got frustrated and didn't try super hard. Newer ones may be better. At least as accurate as my first Colt mentioned above. Would probably try another if not for my Colts and Rugers (x1)

The Rugers, Wilson and Ed Brown all seemed the same regarding accuracy but the Rugers have been a little less ammo sensitive from a function standpoint and much cheaper. My expensive 1911s have come and gone. I would probably buy a Ruger if looking today.