Hello fellow outdoorsmen and firearm enthusiasts. This is my first forum post so I'll quickly introduce myself.
My name is Karl, I am a farmer from Germany and primarily hunt roe deer and wild boar. I'm big on everything safari and old school American hunting and hope to experience it myself one day.
I'm looking forward to a lot of interesting discussions and arguments on the topic of hunting, firearms and everything outdoors on this site.

That said, I'd like to ask some opinions on a gun I'm interested in. Specifically a used Weatherby Mark V .300 Wth Mag made by Sauer in the 1970s.
This one seems to come with a single set trigger and EAW swing off mount bases. The seller claims that the bluing is very good and says that he has never fired the rifle.
Depending on my auction skills I could probably get it between 500-700€ and I don't really want to spend any more than that for a gun I probably don't need and that shoots pretty expensive ammo.
This gun would be a complete gimmick for me, since I already have a very adequate hunting rifle (Heym SR21 8x57), but I somehow want it.

Here's a picture:
[Linked Image from egun.de]

What do you think?

They don't make 'em like they used to

Don't tread on me

Nothing runs like a Deere