What I have heard about the Kodiak's is they expand well at low velocities and hold together at high speed close in impact velocities. There was a thread awhile back where a couple of experienced hunters mentioned the Woodleigh's not penetrating as well as they wanted and not giving the straight line penetration they wanted. I don't personally know as I have no experience with Woodleigh bullets and many speak highly of them. But, I respect the opinion of the two I referenced.

Also, Kodiak Custom Bullets is an Alaskan owned and made company and I like that and want to support them. If their 250 grain bonded bullet shoots satisfactory and gives me the penetration and weight retention I want with my rather informal testing, I will lay in a life time supply for myself.

I believe a 250 grain Kodiak Bonded Bullet at 2,500 fps mv is a 300 yard moose round. I doubt I am a 300 yard moose shooter with a receiver sight. But, my distance limit will be decided by how far I can consistently hit a 8 inch brown paper plate. The good news is almost all of the moose I have shot in the last 55 years have been well under 200 yards.

The good tasting moose my wife and me took last year was standing broad side at well under 200 yards. It made me wish I had my Marlin 45-70 with the 405 grain Kodiak Bonded Bullets. But, as usual the, scoped .338 and 225 grain Barnes TTSX at 2,836 fps mv did a wonderful job.

I am going to get 150 pieces of new Starline .348 Win. brass and use it for the 250 grain loads and use my Winchester brass for the resized 220 grain Speer loads. With annealing and proper resizing the Ackley Improved brass will probably out last me. LOL

Next fall I will still have the scoped .338 Winny for the evenings hunt due to low light conditions and my old eyes, but l be will carrying a beautiful Mirkoru Mod. 71 Deluxe .348 Win. Ackley Improved when we leave in the morning. I am excited !