I'm not a coronavirus denier. I'm also not a flu denier, a car accident denier, a heart attack denier, stroke denier, etc.....
I just don't happen to think that the world is going to end. Coronavirus isn't going to get us all. Yes, it's a real bitch for older people, especially those with preexisting conditions, but for most people it doesn't pose a serious risk. It can cause permanent lung damage, but again, mostly in old people who have preexisting lung problems.

I know "IT'S NOT THE FLU", but the flu is really likely the best comparison for the coronavirus. They are both viruses. They both spread in the same manner. They have similar and overlapping symptoms. Despite the fact that we have herd immunity to the flu, and vaccines for the flu, people still die from the flu. You flu deniers may think otherwise, but the tens of thousands of U.S. citizens who die every year from the flu really are dead. Just as dead as if they had died from the coronavirus.

Coronavirus is very serious. The flu is very serious. They both can kill a lot of people. As far as I can determine, the flu might actually be more dangerous for young, healthy people than coronavirus. Could be wrong, but that's what I think I'm seeing. We can probably all agree that Italy has been a real goat screw with regards to the coronavirus. They are at almost 16,000 dead. They aren't done yet, but still they haven't surpassed their average annual flu deaths. Perspective. They will most certainly pass flu deaths before they are done, but keep in mind that they have herd immunity to the flu and vaccines for the flu.

Going forward, do we destroy the whole economy every time something new comes along and scares us? Would we have been better off asking older people and people with certain health issues to quarantine, instead of virtually everyone? Yes, I understand that some young people who have no known medical problems are getting serious cases of coronavirus and some of them are dying. That really sucks, but there are young healthy people who get the flu and die each year. Some young, healthy people die in car accidents every day. It all sucks. Unfortunately, it's all part of life. We don't, or didn't, shut the economy down over it.

I could certainly be wrong (I sure hope I'm not), but I don't think our coronavirus deaths will exceed our average flu deaths this year. Hopefully by next year we will have a herd immunity and vaccines.