Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
I'm no economist. I don't know what the answer is.

But I can tell you this. People STILL are not taking the Covid Virus serious enough!!

A dear friend of ours lives just three houses down. She's a widow in her mid-70's. We have been friends for years; I and her deceased husband were like Father and Son.

She has a daughter in her early 50's. Her daughter came to live with her a couple of weeks back. I saw the daughter working in the yard last week. She looked frail and weak. I even commented as much to my wife. Really, it surprised me.

Two nights ago, the mother calls my wife and asks if she would pick up some medicine for the daughter. She added, "she has tested positive for Covid, and cannot keep anything down and her fever will not break." The daughter is quarantined at her house. We picked up the medication and left it on the door step.

Today, my wife gets a call from the mother. She says, "I'm at the grocery store, do you need me to pick up anything for you?"

All I heard my wife say was "eggs". So, I asked her who it was. When she told me, I WAS LIVID!

If the daughter is quarantined, so is the mother. And not only that, EVERYONE who has been in contact with the daughter for the past month needs to be notified!

I thought to myself. Everyone at that grocery store was put at risk today...and they had NO CLUE!

I understand that people must work. We must buy groceries. But people are going to become very ill and possibly die because of the disconnect we still have over how easily this thing spreads.

I for one think that the threat is over our heads. We hear about it...it even touches our family and friends...yet we go about our everyday lives as free Americans.

When has good ole common sense gone to these days?

And by the way. We have offered to do all the shopping for our friend. She does not need to leave the house!

Tell us you DIDN’T accept anything like eggs from this person? This chit can persist on surfaces for hours to days even.

EXACTLY!!

My wife did accept the eggs. That's what made me so angry! I warned her that if she was going to be so reckless in her behavior, that if she got sick...she was own her own...me and my daughter would be out of here.

I'm not being cold...I'm being real.

Yes you are, and many soft in the head Americans can't fathom disease and death all around. They have not a clue.

I just today dressed my 17 y/o grandson down in no uncertain terms on the telephone. He has been going over to his girl friend's house during the day; her parents are both still working days. No telling where they go to get snacks, lunches at take outs, and gasoline. He saw no problem with his actions, UNTIL I asked him why he wants to kill his dad? Dead silence..........

People have become so damned selfish anymore.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”