Originally Posted by Kyhilljack
Might one be a condescending prick ? Let's take a look . The CP is a self-important person who thinks they are way better than others morally, intellectually and emotionally.
Someone who thinks all their actions, thoughts, opinions and tastes are better than anybody's else.
People who use the internet as a means of inflating their egos by defaming those of more quaint statures. Common targets are Christians .
Very often condescending pricks are also pseudo-intellectuals. However pseudo-intellectuals tend to be more subtle.
Pseudo-intellectuals can probably be found with a thesaurus in hand, while in a chat room, looking up new insults that are synonymous with "stupid" in order to boost his or her own undeserved ego. Always lurking ready to pounce on another victim.
Should the victim of a verbal onslaught happen to have a differing opinion, the pseudo-intellectual will revert to his or her thesaurus and insult the opposition with words he or she never knew existed, and probably cannot even pronounce. Most online grammar/spelling Nazis can relate.

You may be wondering "WTF is this all about?".
Well pour yourself another of whatever you're sipping on or pop another of your favorite prescribed medications and go take a look in the mirror or just GFY.

(The preceding text in no reflects the opinion or viewpoints of the OP and is solely intended as fodder and amusement for the home bound.)

I'm reminded of the scene in Smokey and the Bandit where Bandit and Frog are walking through the park. She asks him about Sontag and Elton John. He asks her about Richard Petty and Waylon Jennings. Then comes the quote by Bandit that applies here:

"When you tell somebody something, it depends on what part of the United States you're standing in as to just how dumb you are."

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.