Originally Posted by nealglen37
This virus has opened my eyes to some things I can help myself ( I am already doing many of these), or use the check to help people in my extended family
Have a place in the home to store food and safety supplies with

1). Three life straws (water purification)
2.) buy one month canned food supply
3.) books to read, and board games
4.) two guns and ammo
5.) 500 hundred in cash
6.) Bike or tennis shoes for exercising and keeping body in shape
7.) Not money related but ( stop all tobacco products and maintain same weight as in high school)
8.) Learn a new skill each week
9.) up to date computer and radio backup
10.) have one day per week where family uses no technology to get used to these times
11.) Cook 90% of meals from home.

This is our first crisis, pandemic (whatever you want to call it) we need to be as prepared as possible for the next one.

A hell of a lot better than some of the ideas I've read. The smoking thing is definitely financial, to the tune of trip after trip to be around(maybe infected) people, & about $200 a month.
Toward the mortgage? Less bills take a big weight off a future financial crisis.

Cash? a big deal IMO, a wad of all denominations could be helpful. Ever seen card machines go down, & folks walking away without what they were trying to purchase? Many bills of each denomination will allow you to pay near exact price without receiving possibly contaminated change.

My list is growing of the things I've learned in the last month & what one needs to have in place for the next go around. Make a list if you've learned!

Does anybody really fuggin think that after this all will be peachy for ever more??? crazy eek