Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Orion,

Long ago Winchester .270 brass tended to be very good. I bought some of the same pressure-test brass from him, and it worked very well. But the last batch I bought wasn't so good, and neither was new Winchester brass purchased at a local store.

In fact, the last time I was more than satisfied with Winchester brass was 2014, when I bought some .222 Remington's that turned out to be very good. After that about half the new Winchester cases I bought in various cartridges were rejects, for various reasons.

Sir,

Understood. For my casual shooting, my primary goal is accuracy. As long as I am MOA or better, accuracy wise, I am good. My load development typically starts at a mid-range book load and ends with the first sub MOA load that I find. I do not typically chase FPS (high pressure), nor work to shave thousandths off a sub-MOA load. O.K., I am lazy in addition to cheap. grin I shoot to have fun.

I have not checked recent batches of Winchester brass. However, in a previous life when I was weighing a representative sample of all cases, Winchester was the better than most. Maybe that has changed in recent times and I just haven't noticed it. However, at the moment, what I have on hand seems to be working acceptably such that it is not a concern for me.

Take care !