Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Lowe Stinger 175C
I'm looking for an aluminum fishing boat in the 20K price range. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this one, or suggestions of other brands that would be somewhat comparable.

Evidently fills the bill for what you want, but it's not my cup of tea. It will probably end up costing you like $24 grand with the proper moter, which would be the biggest it's rated for. IME you should get nothing less.

You really think a 75 hp is worth the extra 4 grand over a 60? Why? This is the sort of info I am looking for. Thanks.
I wallered around with a 16' heavy fiberglass bassboat for year with only a 70 'rude on it. No more. Anytime I buy a boat it will have adequate horsepower. That boat could've had a 120 on it, but I didn't shell out. The only way I'd underpower that boat is if I was ONLY going to fish very small bodies of water. For that boat, a 60 isn't exactly underpowered, but I'd go with the maximum safe horsepower. It's very easy to throttle a bigger motor down, when you've got a smaller motor doing all she's got, that's it.

Honestly, it sounds to me like you've got the money. I'd part with the cash and get the bigger motor IF I was getting that particular boat, even moreso on some others. It's not even so much about topend as it is about popping up out of the hole faster and safety in general. Some of the lakes I've fished in Kansas and Texas are THE most dangerous man-made impoundments in the country. Sometimes when you need to get to the ramp it should've been yesterday.

I truly appreciate the advice.