Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by benchman
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by vferguson3006
No, I have tried see-thru on centerfires, they suck, you are right totally awkward.
I don't want to drill and tap this barrel, my eyes are somewhat shot at 73yrs. the rest of me
gets up and goes with little problem. Maybe someone makes fiber optics that fit
this model.

Joe

I had some TC fiber optic sights on mine for 1 range session and took them off.

The front sight glowed so much it was hard to shoot anything smaller than a 5-6" group at 50 yards.

I went back to the originals and now I just make sure to keep the front brass bead polished up w steel wool.

Same problem with red fiber optics. Green is better, but I don't like them at all for any kind of precision. For all intents and purposes, they are plenty good for deer out to 75 or so. Shot one at 110 this year. Worked well enough.

Glad I'm not the only one that has that trouble.

Willams makes a barrel sight set that uses the existing holes and front dovetail. I used that, but replaced the open blade with a peep blade, and used a Skinner blade on the front end. The improvement for my old eyes over the issue sights is significant.

If only a scope will make you happy, one of the economy TCs or maybe some others will be easier and not all that much more expensive than the price of drilling and tapping, plus the end result will be better, especially if sabots may be in your plans at some time. The Impact I picked up for my son's elk hunt last year is light, accurate, and has a good trigger. $300 for a camo Weathershield model.

Can you shoot me a pic of your front blade Pappy?

I have a set of Williams Firesights on my turkey gun and have the ghost ring rear, really like how it works.

Hadn't thought about the Williams on the rear.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 04/19/20.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!