Well. I can answer my own question. Because of better ergos and the old price was just tolerable, to me. I have one and really like it. I will be ordering a .308, T3X stainless Superlight, but may have to settle for a Stainless Fluted Hunter. If I get the Hunter, it will probably go into the McMillan Hunters Edge that my T3 stainless Lite 243 is in now and the 243 will go back into it's original stock, which I have given a facelift, and is shown here in the pictures.
For a better grip on the old T3 stock, I stippled the grip areas with a soldering iron. I replaced the old recoil pad with one I made from a high density exercise mat after a slight trim and squaring up of the butt stock for my preferred LOP. After replacing the factory plated sling studs with real stainless ones, I did a sponge camo paint job with satin clear coat on it. It now weighs 26 ounces on the dot. My McEdge weighs 26 .5 ounces. At $636 plus (for me) international shipping, I think I'll pass on another McMillan Hunters Edge and sacrifice a bit on the ergos. RJ
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]photohost free
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]chevronwithtechron com