Originally Posted by ro1459
In another post, I told everyone that I was part of the antibody study here in South Tennessee. The criteria for acceptance was you had to have been sick between December and March, tested negative for the flu, recovered without going to the hospital, and had all of the other symptoms of COVID 19. I had all but the high fever. I was one of 25 people tested here on this past Monday. I had to sign a non-disclosure that was ended today. I did test positive for the antibody virus. Out of 25 people tested, 18 of us had COVID-19 antibodies, two were inconclusive, and five were negative. The nurse said that they are drawing no conclusions from this study at this time. She did tell me that 10,000 people were in this original test from all over America. She also warned me that just because I tested positive for COVIS-19 antibodies, does not mean I can't get it again. They just don't know. She said that they have no idea how many people actually have had this virus and until everyone is tested, no one will know. I am 71 and 50 pounds over weight. If I can survive this, so can most people. And NO, I do not want to get again.

BTW, Georgia is opening up its businesses this Friday and Tennessee will do the same on May 1.

My wife is 64, had a kidney transplant 14 tears ago, so is taking anti-rejection drugs that knock her immune system down. In January my grandaughter stayed with us for a few days and was pretty sick, laid around on the couch and was lethargic inthe max, very unusual for her as she is an athlete. She had a nontypical mycobacterium when she was 4, which nearly got her, they strain was from South America (imagine that) and as such she gets hit by viral infections pretty hard. Could not go to school so she stayed with Granny...14 days later the wife hit the floor, literally, she ran a high grade fever for 8 days and finally on a Friday when I got in from a business trip, she could not lift her head and was seeing things, her dead mother etc...

Ambulance trip to ER, Jackson General Hospital did not want to keep her as they are not equipped to deal with kidney patients, their African (spoke almost understandable English) sent her on to Vanderbilt where her Transplant Team is, we did not argue. Noted that she tested negative for the flu. Get to Vanderbilt (she told me next time they want to send her in an ambulance to Nashville on I-40, just give her a blanket and a pillow and strap her in the bed of my Tundra, said it was the most excruciatingly painful ride of her life...

8 days in ICU, they said she tested positive for H1N1 and Type A flu, (she has had both in the past) but was like a rag doll, never did intubate her but her Oxygen stayed at dangerous levels for a full week.

I want her to get the antibody test, bet a dollar against a doughnut she had the Covid virus as did the grand daughter and probably me. I snotted for a few days and ran a low grade fever about a week later, sore throat and hacked for a month.

Last edited by worriedman; 04/22/20.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA