The 15 or so extra pounds a 8 or 9.9hp fourstroke has over an older two stroke, or a smaller 4 stroke really isn't much as far as weight in the boat. Its more of a issue if you have to tote the motor around from the garge to the boat a lot. As far as balance in the boat get or make a longer fuel line and move the fuel tank up front. If you have an electric on the boat you can also move the battery around to help level the boat.

I have a 6hp tohatsu on a 12 ft V-hull and while I agree its got a lot more vibration than a twin cylinder, particularly at low ( trolling speeds), as long as you primarily using it to go from point A to Point B a 6hp would serve fine. If your going to troll a lot then I would definitely go for the 8 or 9.9. Even though the 6 does vibrate a bit, it doesn't load up like a 2 cycle and you can troll with it, its just not smooth.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge