I got this rifle from the classifieds just about a year ago. And I ordered the XS sights probably 10 months ago, but just got around to working with them today.

FWIW the factory irons were ok and the little carbine seemed just fine with them but I didn't much care for the sight picture.

First thing after lunch I drove the front dovetail factory sight out, and pulled the rear scope mount filler screws. Put the receiver sight in place and snugged it down, and then pushed what XS calls a "trial sight" into the front dovetail.
XS sends a machined front sight, but suggests starting with the plastic trial sight to determine best front sight height. The trial sight is segmented and could easily be nipped shorter with side cutters to shorten it. As long as the permanent sight they send is unused/unmarred they will make whatever height sight you need and exchange it if you want to.

With the approx. 3/4" tall (bottom of dove tail to top of sight) trial sight in place I took a shot at a plastic bucket with a half dollar size marker dot on the side. This was offhand at about 25 yards, and I was close enough to dead on that I'd be happy. Except that this trial sight looks to be ridiculously tall.
The permanent sight they sent is approximately 3/16" shorter and would be OK but I wouldn't care to have any taller front sight.

Is there enough adjustment in the rear to use the shorter permanent front sight?

"Chances Will Be Taken"