Originally Posted by CGPAUL
Good Job...nice looking cases.
Do you plan to wring the rifle out a bit? Do not see, read or other wise much about the 7x61.
Keep us posted please.

I think most of the rifles are in closets or collections these days. Will keep you posted on this one.

Originally Posted by lotech
I had a 7x61 Schultz & Larsen Model 60 with a 1 in 12" 26" barrel. It did surprisingly well with 160 grain bullets that allegedly don't shoot well in such a slow twist bore. However, my New Ultra Light Arms 7x61 has a 1 in 10" barrel, perhaps a bit more versatile. Good luck with your endeavor-

Thanks for the tip. I loaded one round of 150 gr Partition and one of 160 gr AccuBond to give them a try at 200 yards. Will let you know what happens after next trip to the range. What barrel length is your ULA? Interested to hear the velocities you are getting.

Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Really cool caliber!! One of my mentors favorite.. Keep us posted.. Spring bear rifle??

Very easily could be. A few are out already. Usually try to get a nice rolly-polly this time of year; bacon, burger, chops, hams, and sausage.

Originally Posted by dye7barrel
How many pieces of brass this round?

Just made eleven for now. Some fired stuff that I had loose under the bench, all Super X that I may have picked up at the range.

Will have a few targets to show you next trip. My Model 54J was exceptionally accurate, and expect the 60 to be the same.

Ted