Originally Posted by 2five7
Originally Posted by BluMtn
I won't touch them with a 20' pole. I had one of their first Razor 12x50 razor bino's that I pre ordered when they were introduced.. I broke them, sent them in to see if they could be fixed. This was at the time they were coming out with the next generation of HD razors. I sent an Email asking if I could upgrade to the HD's and would be willing to pay for the upgrade. I was told that they would be sending me a replacement pair of original razors. I sent an email back to them reiterating that I would pay for an upgrade considering that Vortex was not making the original. I received a return email stating that they had some in the QA room that they used for testing. I had written the serial number of my binos down for my records. When I received my replacements I checked the serial number and it was an older serial number than I had sent in. At that point I put the binos up for sale, cancelled a order for several Vortex scopes that I had ordered, removed all my Vortex scopes that I had mounted on rifles, sold them, Sold my spotting scope. I no longer have anything that says Vortex on it. Bitter? you bet, I have no reason to do business with Vortex for any reason. Their life time warranty is nothing but a joke.

Damn, I've seen 3 year olds cry less when one of their toys break. I'm sure they are glad to no longer have you as a customer.

They were, still get a Christmas card every year thanking me.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.