Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

What is the best option for getting them recovered? An auto upholstery shop? Can you purchase new skins like you can for some autos?

I'd imagine an auto upholstery shop could do it if you tell them to make sure to use marine materials. As someone else mentioned, you're probably in a bad area to find marine upholsterers, they're every couple of miles along the Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida Gulf Coast around me. Marine upholstery, especially in the south, takes a beating unless the boat lives indoors most of the time.

I would opt for having it recovered instead of trying to buy new replacements. Most upholsterers will do a better job than came from the factory and use better materials. Boat manufacturers don't do their own, they farm it out to the cheapest bidder. I've had some done on my boat by a local guy and it's better than came from the factory. Hardly anyone down here tries to find new cushions, they have the old ones recovered.

If you can't find someone local I'd consider getting on the internet and find some shops in the Pensacola FL, Orange Beach or Mobile AL, Ocean Springs or Gulfport MS area that gets good reviews and call them for some quotes. The UPS shipping wouldn't be that much and they'd likely charge you half as much while doing a better job than someone in a high rent area like Seattle. Like anything else, high volume shops will usually do a better job at a lower price because of economies of scale. Boat upholstery shops down here get a lot of practice.

That fixes upholstery, but the guts are old...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.