Originally Posted by ironbender
14 days in stir would be tough, depending on how stringent it really was.

Walk out of the room and you're fired, zero exceptions.
This first round is all upper management and Engineers I am in contact with.

They are being camera monitored, the tower they are in is exclusive for their use, it's been leased for the next few months for this purpose.
Twice a day a guy in a tyvec suit, mask, gloves and face shield stops by the rooms and shoots neck temperatures with a Infrared thermometer. Food is delivered, you eat what they bring but the guys have all been telling me the meals are over the top. The privileged have rooms with a water view. You can order cocktails and beer from the hotel bar on your own dime.

Their bored schitless, the hotels wifi is so over loaded they are not able to stream video.
I have been getting emails, texts and phone calls pretty much everyday since this first round of quarantines started. It'll be going on for quite a while, it's required for all employees going to any remote Alaskan location to work.
Flights out of Anchorage are private chartered, once at their work locations they will be confined to the various properties.

The quarantine is topped off with the CV-19 deep nose swab test before they are released to travel....joy....

[Linked Image from nerdist.com]