Originally Posted by TRexF16

I have a cow tag over on Camp Navajo myself but I think I'm going to use a medium bore, either 338-06, 358 Win, or 9.3x62.
That 6.5 WSM looks mighty nice - care to tell us more about it?

Cheers,
Rex

Rex, you should have a good hunt on the depot. A friend had one last year and saw plenty of elk.
Back in 2006, I was looking for a rifle to dedicate to Coues deer and antelope as I was using a 300 WSM. I saw a nicely wooded Winchester Supergrade in 300 WSM and thought immediately of rechambering to a 6.5 WSM for the use with .264 bullets. This was before the hoopla of the Creedmoor, PRC, 26 Nosler. Since then, I have rebarreled it with the 1:8 Shilen as I was not enthralled with the accuracy I was getting with a Pac-Nor 1:8.5 polygonal barrel. I have not had any feeding problem that were noted in early WSM rifles. It received an Omega suppressor a couple years ago. I was getting sub 1/2" groups with the Badlands Bulldozer bullets, but wanted to try the Hammer Hunters after reading nothing but good reports. Dies are Redding 6.5/300WSM full length. The rifle has been my primary Coues and antelope rifle since.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

@Jevyod - I have a Featherweight in 30-06 that does not like wide variety of factory ammo. The thought has been to pick up some dies and try the Hammers.