Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by ryoushi
Thanks for the responses. The ammo I've got on hand is:

Fiocchi Golden Pheasant 1 1/4oz. #6
Kent Ultimate Diamond 1 1/4oz. #5
Hornady Heavy Mag Turkey 1 3/8oz. #5

Would be open to getting something else but availability is currently limited. Hopefully I can make one of these 3 work! laugh

Surely, SURELY you can somehow find a box of Winchester Longbeards somewhere...........

I've patterned a PILE of guns and chokes and shells in 10, 12 and 20 gauges. Other than the Longbeards, you're looking at 30-35 yards, max with lead in a 20. Additionally, the 3 shells you listed above (along with Remington Nitro's) are the very TOP of my list for stuff I'd shoot at crows and little else. None of the three (4 including the Remingtons) have kept pace with turkey load technology.

We're running the old skool Federal Heavy 7's in our 20's through .562-5" tubes.

I'll see what I can find, hopefully the sporting goods stores around here open back up on tuesday since we can hunt and fish then. Going out for a few days this upcoming week and I'm taking the 12, since I know it works. Will work on the 20 project and hopefully take it later this month. Appreciate the info fellas!